Informed Consent & Waiver of Liability
The programs and staff at Addiction Reality are here to advise, guide, and support you on your path to find sobriety, joy, and purpose in your life. Ultimately, the person that is responsible for walking your path is you.
We understand that changing our lives is often not very easy, fast, or comfortable. Rebuilding ourselves is a process that demands we call up new strength from unknown places. Heading into such uncharted territory, we expect our clients to bring these 3 things.
- Effort. We ask you to stand up, show up, and give this everything you’ve got.
- Courage. We ask you to know that you will encounter both pain and fear, and to keep going. The discomfort is a signal that you are growing.
- Commitment. We ask you to commit to change, especially when the path ahead is not clear. Sometimes it’s easy, sometimes it’s difficult. Do not give up.
By purchasing coaching services from an Addiction Reality Coach, you confirm that you have read and agree to the following statements.
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from my Coach are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that my Coach is not acting as a mental health counsellor or a medical professional.
- I understand that life and sobriety coaches are not regulated by a governing body and that my coach is not a licensed practitioner. I also understand that for all legal purposes, the services provided by my Coach will be considered to be provided in the province of Alberta, Canada.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by my Coach are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals. I have the ability to give my informed consent, and hereby give such consent to my Coach to assist me in achieving such goals.
- I understand that to the extent our work together involves abstinence from addictive behaviour and goal planning, my Coach is not promising outcomes included but not limited to sobriety, relationship success, or financial success.
- I understand that my Coach will protect my information as confidential unless I state otherwise in writing. If I report child or elder abuse or neglect, or threaten to harm myself or someone else, I understand that necessary actions will be taken and my confidentiality agreement limited in this capacity. Furthermore, if my Coach is ordered by a court to provide information or to testify, she/he will do so to the extent the law requires.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype, and other technology.
- I hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge my Coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs, and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages I may claim to have or that I may have arising out of acts or omissions by myself or by my Coach as a result of the advice given by my Coach or otherwise resulting from the coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. I further declare and represent that no promise, inducement, or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made to me to sign this agreement. This agreement shall bind my heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, assigns, and agents.
We expect your full effort, courage, and commitment. Please note that clients who break communication will receive a minimum of (5) documented attempts to make contact, at which point the client can be discharged at our discretion.
By signing this form, I hereby pledge to give my program everything I’ve got, to keep going, and to never give up.